Saying good bye to my GIRLS!!!!



Today was my last Sunday at church and my last time I would teach my beautiful young women that I have been with for 2 and 1/2 years. It has been such an adventure and I feel like I have been uplifted and taught by them more than I have been able to teach them. After my lesson and all of our tears they brought out a pillow that has a group picture on it and little ones around it and then they wrote me a message on the back! Change is so hard for me and I have grown to love each and one of my girls from beehives through Laurels since we have always done EVERYTHING together due to being a smaller young womens. I am so sad to walk away from them and to let them go. I love them so much and cant imagine not seeing them. I got a picture of them individually with me and made them a photo card and then wrote them each a personal letter. I pray that we can keep in touch and when we are in Vegas we will for sure be visiting the ward!!

Comments

Drake Family said…
That is such a sweet gift! I can't imagine you emotional though. :) You know, change is hard for me too. I am so big on comfort zone, but I always end up liking what I have adjusted to. Sometimes it takes a bit of time, but I am sure you will grow to love your new ward just as much.
You are so amazing! I can just feel and remember what a great person you have always been as I read your blog. I miss talking to you. :) What a great honor and blessing the girls had to be with you. I just got put into YW from Primary and really struggled and first, but now I can't imagine NOT being with my YW! You are going to leave a mark whereever you go and whoever you serve. Thank you for being an example.

And congrats to your hubby with schooling. It is a great accomplishment for both of you...and a great feeling. :)
Kierstin said…
Hi Karmen, It's Kierstin (Kirsten's friend). I just saw your blog and wanted to say 'hi'. Your home in Arizona is beautiful and I know how you feel about leaving your YW. For my almost 8 years of marriage, I've only had callings in YW and working with the youth. Aren't they fun and uplifting? I love their energy. You're adorable and I'm so happy to see that you're happy.
That is such a good idea. I forgot how alike our mom's look! Crazy. You are so cute and stylin' The girls probably looked up to you in so many ways.
Congrats on the graduation! I can only imagine the kind of ym leader you were. You look so good in all of your pictures. Good luck with all you have going on. Lots of love!