A daily intake


Those who have known me for a while or have lived with me know of my issues of the stomach. I am referred to sometimes as the girl who could clear an entire room in a few seconds due to a awful smell that came from little old me. I am not embarrassed or ashamed since it is who I am. When I started dating Ryan those were the first things I told him and he had the choice to take it or leave it. It has been a problem with me my whole life.

Well I have been to the doctors and I just may have found an answer to why. They told me I have no digestive enzymes in my stomach or intestines. So pretty much 1. I don't absorb any nutrients from my food and 2. I don't digest food at all and hence leaves me with quite an issue on the other end. I was shocked! Growing up we thought it had to do with milk and thought I was lactose in tolerant well it is not the lactose it is the lack of enzymes in the stomach to digest everything that I have trouble with due to food. Now every time I eat I have to take these digestive enzymes plus a probiatic. Then every morning and night I have to drink a tablespoon of flax seed oil ( disgusting by the way) and a teaspoon of wheat germ oil. They also found me to have a low thyroid so I am on thyroid pills twice a day as well. Then of course I have to add my calcium, prenatal, and prime rose to that as well. So needless to say I feel like a drug addict and I am thinking that this will be my life forever. I am hoping that things will get better due to me doing all this. I have been doing it now for two weeks and have seen a difference so hopefully I can be some what normal in the digestive area. And when I see old friends my smell will be something of the past!!

Comments

Becky aka tata! said…
I hear ya on the flaxseed oil. We started on that as a family, as a test for Melly, and I can't do the liquid. It is gel caps for me, and they still stink and taste like it!!!!
Deanna said…
Wow! You got problems girl! Just kiddin! That's good you found out whats wrong with ya. Maybe I haven't had THAT much exposure, but you got nothin on me & mike- we stink!! So maybe we need to see your dr too! Does this mean that you can have dairy again?? Bring on the cheese and ice cream!! Yay!
Amy & Scott said…
Wow I am so sorry you have to take all of that. I hope it helps thought because then maybe you can start eating ice cream and milk and dairy products again! We love you guys.
Drake Family said…
Yeah let's hope that it is something of the past. I have had to live with you before! :) That is crazy that they were able to figure it out FINALLY...after how many years? Gotta love the Dr.! So what do you mean that you don't absorb nutients from your food?? I thought that is what you said. Sounds like it could be dangerous. Glad you could find all this out now and hope it helps you (and Ryan) out. Love ya babe!
Unknown said…
I love that you are so candid with this! I am glad you got some answers though what a relief =)
wow that is crazy! Isn't it nice to know finally, no matter what it is. I feel like a druggy some times too, but man you got a lot going on there girl, good luck.
Kirsten said…
Why couldn't you have figured that out at Utah State, I probably have the same problem :) love your guts!!
D'On Marx said…
Hopefully things will start looking up for you! I don't envy taking in all that stuff. I have to take flaxseed oil for my cholesterol problem, but I use the pill. Can't taste it unless I burp! YUCK!
Jo Lynn said…
Girl I have some not so fond memories of you and your gas! :) I also remember how cute Ryan was when you were in so much pain, how he would comfort you! I'm glad you figured it out! Love ya