Dixie Reunion



Ten years ago I graduated from Highschool and drove over 1500 miles to St.George, Utah from Aurora Il. I hated my parents for pushing me to go to school so far away and I was so sad to leave my family and friends and head off to a place where I knew no one and had no family to go to.

I had to pay for my own applications to schools and since I only had 30.00 dollars to spend I had to choose one school. I didnt have very good grades, well not good enough to get into a college like BYU. My brother had gone to Dixie College and loved it and said for me to try it out and that I would probablly like a smaller college better before going to such a big university. So I sent my money in and got accepted. My brother lived at apartments called Raintree and told me he loved it there and for me to try to live there.

Little did I know that it would be the BEST decision of my life to go there. I look back and feel so blessed and guided to have gone to Dixie. The people I met there have made such an impact in my life. The girls I met there have become such a part of my life. I became apart of their families as I lived so far away. I gained so many dear best friendships and I couldnt be more thankful.

This past weekend us girls got together for a little reunion. It is hard to believe that we met each other in 1998 and were around each other for two years and those two years were bonding years that have lasted till now and will forever! I think about my friends in highschool and I have maybe one or two that I keep in contact all the time. These girls I keep in contact with all the time and like I said they are my family.





This weekend was a weekend of no husbands and no kids and just 100% time together. we had so much fun going to where we used to live and seeing our old apartments, taking pictures by the Dixie State College sign, going and seeing our hand prints in the cement from Student Govt and staying up till 4 in the morning just laughing and talking. We watched a video of our sophmore year 1999-2000 and couldnt believe how even though time has gone by each of us and our personalities are still the same!





Thanks for a wonderful trip girls!! I hope we can do it once a year and keep this a tradition. I love you and feel so blessed to have you in my life!!!!

Comments

That looks like so much fun. How fun to see you and Katie together again.
sunshine said…
Ya!! GOOOOOOOO DIXIE!! I'm glad you could make it! You look awesome and we'll for sure have to make it a tradition!! love ya tons, Kelli
oh my!!! i miss it already!!! it was sooooooo good seeing my little karmann and staying up till 4 catching up on everything. we ARE family, and always will be!!! i love you,
BBB xoxo
Drake Family said…
Seriously Karmann...NO! I just did my post on this and had no emotional problems. Then I come to your blog and have tears. Thanks! For real though, it is so true like you said. It is amazing how well we all meshed and how we have stayed in touch. (Did I really just say MESH?) And to think I wasn't even suppose to be your roomie either, so I am so glad and thankful how things turned out. I freakin' love you and already can't wait for the next trip!!
I can't believe we were in St. George the same time and we didn't even know it dang. I would have to see my Karmann. I'm glad you had a good time with your girls. I love those planned trips. Talk to ya soon.
Natalie Que said…
This looks so fun! How great to reunite, that is the best when you remain close enough with people over the years to be able to arrange it. I'm jealous! I want to have a reunion!
Anonymous said…
Karm! I already miss you too! That weekend was amazing! You look beautiful and I am so happy i got to spend such a great weekend with you...even with your earplugs and beanbags...you funny girl! That's why i love you and can't wait till next year so we can do it again! You are the best and such an a wonderful friend! I love you!
Anonymous said…
i miss you more!
Yep, I agree the USU one is next!
Jo Lynn said…
How fun that you guys could all get together like that. Looks like you had a blast!
D'On Marx said…
I'm so glad you had fun! Thanks for stoppin' at our house. We really enjoyed your company! We'll have to come visit you guys now. (We owe a lot of people visits! sheesh!)

Popular posts from this blog

BIG CHANGE

Family comes to visit and An UNWANTED Vistor comes to visit!!!!!!!!!!!!

Walking What???