My Mom
I wanted to take a little bit to talk about my mom. She called a few weeks ago with bad news again that she would need to go into surgery and have two grapefruit size tumors taken out of her uterus and again to do surgery on her breasts for lumps that could be tied into yet again cancer. She has had the threats of breast cancer before but they have caught it early on and has never had the kemo or anything like that. Each time the doctors come out stunned from surgery and say that everything is good and we move on. I thank heavenly father so much for his watchful hand and keeping my mom around for a little bit longer. My heart wrenched again to have her have to go through this procedure again and add the twist of the tumors as well. I have thought about my life and my relationship with my mom and the things that she has done for me and I am so grateful. We didnt have a lot growing up. Even though we did not have alot my mom tried her hardest to be a good mom for her family. I was always dressed to the hilt! My hair was always done in curlers with matching bows. My outfits were always well thought out and I matched from head to toe. My mother is quite the seamstris and can make anything out of material. She made my blessing dress and all my clothes from when I was little up until well school time and then did my wedding dress.





She has always had such a love for music and I can remember listening to her records and always singing with her in the car. She is an amazing piano player and did the Messiah for church a couple of times. She tried to teach me but it didnt come as easy for me.

She always made sure we had three meals a day and that we ate them together as a family. She has such a strong testimony of the church and loves the scriptures so much. She taught me to read them and to love them. I have never met someone who loves the Old Testament as much as she does and can go beyond the "stories" and tell the real meaning of what is really being taught. She taught me the importance of prayer and that my Heavenly Father is there and my Savior does hear my prayers and listen to me and knows what I am going through. I would often as a little girl walk into my mom's room and I would find her on her knees pleading to heavenly father in tears for things that we needed and because of her example I have that kind of relationship too. She taught me to listen to the spirit and take time to hear those promptings. She taught me the importance of the temple and the love of the temple. My dad and her never missed going. She taught me that no matter what amount of money is coming in to always pay a honest tithing and the Lord would do his part. As a young adult I got to see the blessings in my family from the result of paying a honest tithing.




There were times in my young teenager years where we did not get along and I felt that we were always at each others throats. My mom was not the touchy, huggy, feelie mom. She showed her love for her children by actions and it took me a while to realize how she showed her love and that she loved me more than I could ever imagine. The past years she has become my best friend as I have called and talked to her about my times of sadness and having to keep holding on with faith for "my time". I feel that through my trials it has allowed our relationship to grow and be strong. I am thankful for my mom. The last few times going home have been so fun. I have been able to go to the mall and go to lunch and just hang out. It is what I have always dreamed of how it should be with a mom and daughter.
As I sat today waiting for my mom to call and tell me how the surgery went, I couldnt help but pray that she would be alright and be around for a little bit longer. I felt peace that things would be ok and it is going to be fine. The surgery went well. We wont know details for a few more days but the doctors are optomistic and think things went well. I am thankful for my mom, I am thankful for her example, I am thankful for our relationship and if it were her time to go it would be hard but with no regrets. I couldnt help but think of General Conference and to make sure that we tell our loved ones that we love them and to not wait till tomorrow cause tomorrow may never come and to live for today.
Comments
This was the sweetest post! I loved hearing about your mom and it made me think a lot about my mom. My mom had breast cancer when she was 35...I was only in 7th grade. She had many mirculous events happen that made her still here for us...now almost 20 years later. What a blessing that we have to have such great mothers in our lives. I hope everything works out well for your mom. :)
Brooke
I have been dying to tell you the news!! I need you home number so I can call next time!! 8 more months and we are Temple bound! Isn't that just AWESOME!?!?!?!?!
I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!
It was fun hanging out with you guys this weekend! Love ya!
P.S. Oh yeah and I can't forget to mention that I am so excited to see you in a few weeks!!!! XOXOXOXO
P.S. 10 days