5 years and parents come to visit


When you think of five years you seem to think that it is a long time and then you can also look at it as wow that has flown by. I love General Conference and look forward to it every six months. I love hearing the words that are said and the extra boost of "I can endure and keep going" attitude. I feel that those feelings and encouragement is so needed and seems to come at the right time each year. Every October Conference I am excited about what is going to be said but it also marks another year gone by since Ryan and I decided to try to have a family.

Man-I NEVER EVER thought five years ago that it would have taken this long and that I would have gone through everything that I have! Yesterday starts the clock of the count for number six to begin. CRAZY!!! I thought for sure that weekend (October 2004) when we decided to try that it would be quick and easy! I mean why wouldnt it be? It is so for so many!!!!! At that moment, I still remember, I was so excited, my dreams of being a mother were going to happen that very next month! :) Boy was I wrong! :)

I know I shouldnt but I always seem to shed a few tears and have a moment where I am sad and pull this pity party on myself. I hate that I do it cause I have been given so many promises, the feeling of peace, and I know it will happen.......but I fall short. I think last year was the hardest one. I think I was in a slum for a few weeks and struggled but was amazed to have such amazing support from my ward girls and my closest friends. Last year at this time marks the one year mark where I began to let people know exactly what was going on and my struggles of fertility and miscarriages and sharing my heartache instead of keeping it inside. I think I did some serious damage to my soul keeping all my feelings locked up inside for those four years! I often felt alone and "the only one" without kids. I swear I was drinking from the wrong water hole cause I was surrounded by so many beautiful girls who were expecting and everywhere I looked there were women my age or younger who had at least 2 if not more and I got the "oh you are such a cute newlywed" saying until they found out my age, my schooling and career, and how long we have been married. I know I jumped to conclusions on what people must think and was very imbarressed and I guess felt ashamed. I mean that is what we "morman" women are suppose to do.........BE A MOM AND HAVE A BIG FAMILY. Telling these wonderful women made things a little easier and some had similar stories and could relate. I never thought letting people in on such an issue would bring me such comfort and I would be held up at times of despair especially now since my number of losses are only few shy of 10 and that is heart wrenching just the thought! I am forever grateful for good friends and those that read this are my dear friends so I just wanted to tell you thank you! You keep me going forward and you keep me holding on as
I PATIENTLY WAIT


FOR OUR LITTLE MIRACLE!


FAMILY TIME

For those of you who remember reading about my XMAS post, my parents were not able to make it due to weather in Chicago. It was such a bummer and just added to my grinch like view on life at that time. Well, my parents were able to come out on Wed and stay till this morning. It was so nice to have them here and so nice to spend time with them. I dont get to see them very often and they havent been able to come and see Ryan and I in over a year and a half. It was such a great visit!

Thursday I had to work so Ryan took them downtown Scottsdale and had them walk around and treated them to lunch. Friday we got up early and we took them on the Superstition Drive. It is so beautiful. Here are some fun photos of that trip.

My parents at Tortilla Flats


Outside buildings


Inside the buildings in Tortilla Flats there are these dollars bills. There was a fire a while ago and it burnt down. People sent one dollar bills to help build it again. They had so many people send money in that they had too much left over. The General Store has 10,000 dollars in 1 dollar bills inside of it and the Saloon has 100,000 dollars in 1 dollar bills inside of it!

Here are some photos of the walls and ceilings of the buildings!






In the bathrooms there were these fun paintings on the stalls! I couldnt resist the yellow one!!! I wish I had those boobs to fill that outfit!! :)


Here is my handsome cowboy!


Here are a few shots of my parents and us along the ride and the Roosevelt Dam




Of course my parents were so excited to meet their Grandpuppy and boy did he love them as much as they loved him!




It was very nice to have them here and I am so thankful they were able to come! Like I have said many times before, Ryan and I are ok on our own by ourselves but we definitly miss being close to family!

Comments

Deanna said…
I am so glad that we are friends and you can share your feelings and struggles with me. I'm here for ya anytime!
And your parents are so cute & sweet! Now I know where you got it from! I'm glad we got to meet them!
Love ya!
Ruth P said…
You are definitely not alone. I, too, have a hard time letting people in, but I have found as I have opened up, it has brought be peace and joy. Everything seems harder when you feel along.

I loved it when you dropped by the other week! Come again! We definitely need to do lunch. Name the day and I am there!
Wendy said…
I pray for your opportunity because you’d make a fabulous mother! Meanwhile, I love an old quote from Patricia T. Holland:

“Some women give birth and raise children but never “mother” them. Others…“mother” all their lives but have never given birth. And all of us are Eve’s daughters, whether we are married or single, maternal or barren. We are created in the image of the Gods to become gods and goddesses. And we can provide something of that divine pattern, that maternal prototype, for each other and for those who come after us.”

Karmann, you have that divine pattern and maternal prototype within you—and for a reason! In fact, I see you sharing it every time I’m around you. You’re in my prayers.

BTW – Love the pictures in the stalls!
Amy & Scott said…
Congrats on 5 years! I bet it was so much fun to have your parents in town and honestly, my heart melts every time I see your adorable puppy. Aren't they just so much fun to have around!! Very frustrating at times (the puppy stage) but so much fun to have around.:)
Karman thank you so much for sharing your struggles and story. You have NO idea how much it has helped Scott and I as we are trying to figure out our "baby" woes also. Although we have not had to endure it for 4 years, we are grateful for your faith and comforting words. It gives us the strength to keep on going and trying.
P.S. Sorry this is so long, but my Sister and her family are moving to the Phoenix area and we want to come visit soon which means we will be visiting you guys too:). . . . if that is okay:)
Jo Lynn said…
Karm that was a very beautiful, honest, sincere post as all of your posts are. I'm so grateful that you have been so open and honest about your trials and it's amazing how the Lord works through our loved one's to relieve you from the pain and heartache, even if it's just for a moment. You are so loved and you are always in my prayers, my fast's and each time I attend the temple. I know you will be a mother and like so many other's have already said, you have mothered so many sweet children that need you and these experiences are only blessing your future miracle.

I'm so glad you parents finally got to come visit, they sure are a cute couple. :) I love you Karm and oh, the pictures in the stalls are awesome!!!!!

If you ever want to come visit us in Cali we would LOVE LOVE it!
Drake Family said…
Please tell me you didn't bring your camera in the bathroom. I don't think I can ever use the bathroom with you at a restaurant again! LOL Oh and I love the grandpuppy phrase! Too cute.
I am sorry that you have had to endure the pain with all of this for so long. I am glad that you have such a strong positive attitude on this even though I am sure it isn't easy being that strong. Some how and some day it will all work out the way it should.
I am so glad that I got to talk to you on the phone today and am SO BUMMED that I won't get to hang out with you girls this weekend. I hope you have fun with everyone. I love your guts!!
Bryn said…
Your posts are always so inspiring and your faith and testimony always amaze me! You are so in tune and I always feel uplifted from your words even if you are struggling. I can't even fathom how hard all of this must be, but I'll have you know that you are such a WONDERFUL example to me! You always say that you know you were supposed to be in this neighborhood and ward because of the people here, well I am most certain that you are an answer to so many of my prayers. You AMAZE me! I truly love you!

Hey, it's almost the anniversary of our "first date"! Remember trick or treating last year!? So fun! xoxoxo
Amber said…
Karmann- You are amazing! I think about you all the time and you guys are in our prayers. If you ever need a little getaway, come and visit. You can even bring Haydeez- if you dare.

Love, Amber
Beth said…
You have melted my heart, and I just love that you are so true to who you are! I think you are incredible for sharing your trial and you heart! I second what Wendy said, I just see that amazing spirit of motherhood seep from you! I can't imagine going through the trial you have been through and continue to face Karmann. I was a complete disaster when it took me 8 months to get prego with my second. I do know that you have been prepared for this time, and even at your weakest moment, you have all that you need to press on within you. I will never forget a quote I read in a visiting teaching message from June 2008...I'll email it to you. I remember feeling very alone when I had some serious depression shortly after moving here, that got out of control before I realized I need help. It was the worst feeling. I know with conviction, that we can overcome any trial that comes our way, but I also know how painful the day to day reality of facing our fears and our trials can be. You are amazing! You are an incredible woman, your worth lies far beyond what you can see!
Julie said…
Oh, Karmann, I wish I could be there to give you a big hug! I can't imagine how hard and painful these last five years have been for you. But I do know that we are never alone in our trials, and that God is always there to comfort us and get us through our hardest moments. Keep staying strong and positive and remember what an awesome person you are! I know you have blessed so many lives and you are such a great example to me! I love you lots and lots!

I'm glad you had a fun visit with your parents. AZ looks like a beautiful place to live!
You are so strong Karmann, hopefully year 6 will be the year. I am glad your parents got to come and visit, looks like you had a great time. How could they not love taht cute little puppy!!
Stacy said…
I am so sorry that you still don't have a baby! Ugh! I just ache for you, every time I think about it!
But... please don't worry about people judging you for not having kids. Us ''morman'' women are good for a lot of other purposes... I know you want more than anything to be a Mom, but don't be ashamed of the delay. I love ya Karm! You probably hear the same things over and over from everyone but it will happen. You are going to be the best Mommie ever!
alison huston said…
Karmann, there are not words to express how sad I am that you don't have your little angel YET. Your one of the most amazing spiritual people I know. Your a testament to me and all those who know you. I honestly feel like I'm a better person for knowing you. I'm eternally grateful you came to my house that Friday morning to "cheer" me up. Not only did you "cheer" me up, but I now feel like I have an eternal friend in you. I love you so much and pray the day you and Ryan can become parents to be sooner rather than later. Your faith until that time comes will be strong and you will continue to be an example to everyone who knows you. Guess what? WE LOVE KARMANN!!!
infertility stinks. boo! xo

Popular posts from this blog

BIG CHANGE

Family comes to visit and An UNWANTED Vistor comes to visit!!!!!!!!!!!!

Walking What???