Thanksgiving 2009 at Seal Beach!

For the past few years that we have lived in the Southwest Ryan and I have made the trip to California to be with Ryan's Aunt and Uncle. Last year I didnt take any pictures of the things we did so this year I made sure to take pictures and document the fun weekend of being with family!

Thanksgiving Day was beautiful!!!!!! It was 80 degrees and Ryan took full advantage of
it! He busted out the swimsuit and went boarding in the ocean with his Uncle while the girls did the cooking in the kitchen! Uncle Darin has a tradition of doing a Cheese Cloth and LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of butter on the turkey before putting it in the oven! I was shocked with how much butter so I took a picture! Just to document if I die from a stroke or heart attack you know why! j/k! :)



Here is the finished product with the Homemade Pumpkin and Apple Pie ready to go into the oven!



Since it was so beautiful outside, Ryan's Uncle wanted to enjoy THANKSGIVING DINNER outside on the beach! So we took the fancy china and decorations outside to the pinic table and had our wonderful, yummy fantastic dinner!!!







After we cleaned up and put things away we went outside and did some Snow Boarding California Beach Style!

Ryan going down like a pro surfer!


Me on my Knees! Very good for me since I am a big WUS!!!


Aunt Jen and I getting ready to go down together!


Jen and I again





The sunset was so beautiful!





The Next Day Ryan's Cousin Hannah, his Aunt and I went to BOOMERS and had a blast! We did the all day pass and had so much fun together just GIRLS!

Miniture Golfing!





Santa Claus came out to visit from the North Pole! :)


Bumbper Boats





Dance Revolution, Ski Ball, Riding the motorcycle, and Go Carts!







We brought our little Haydeez with us and he did AWESOME!!!! He was such a good boy in the car and at the house! He only had two accidents in 6 days and it when he was busy playing with the other dog in the house!

Here he is with Gir ( Ryan's cousin's Min Pin)



Here he is in the car!






Thanksgiving is always a time to sit back and reflect what we are thankful for and to acknowledge what the Lord has blessed us with! I can't believe a whole year has gone by! I remember doing this post last year and it seems like yesterday! I am in a different place both mentally and spiritually then I was last year and I am so thankful for that! It has been a tough year on me as I have endured many things both physically and emotionally but it has been through those experiences that I have gained a stronger testimony, best friends, comfort of the spirit and guidance of the spirit. I have been taught that when you look beyond your own problems the Lord blesses you with so much more! I have been blessed with a wonderful little spirit in my home, my little puppy! He brings me such joy and both Ryan and I are so thankful for him! I am thankful for the job that I have been able to keep through all of the cutbacks that occurred this year! There are so many who have been hit with the loss of finical stability in such a hard economic time! I am thankful for the children I serve! They teach me everyday! I feel so blessed to have such wonderful families that bring me such joy! I am thankful for my friends! I am blessed to be surrounded by so many wonderful people who inspire me to be a better person! I am so thankful for the opprotunity I have had to serve in the Young Women! They are amazing girls that have such strong testimonies in such a hard time! They teach me so much and I love them so much! I am thankful for my family! I am so glad that I have a family that is there for me when I need them and even though thousands of miles separate us I feel like they are right there! I am thankful for my husband! He is the love of my life! Hard to believe that this will be our 7th XMAS together! He is the perfect match for me and even after all this time together my heart still skips a beat when I see him! This year has brought us close together with the things we have endured and I am thankful for that! He is my world and I love him so much!

Here we are with the beautiful Sunset on Thanksgiving!


I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and is excited for the Season of GIVING!!!

Comments

alison huston said…
That was a sweet post. In my journal on Thanksgiving I mostly wrote how thankful I am for you in my life. I just LOVE you so much and feel so thankful I can call you my best friend. The pictures of you going down the sand remind me of Conner on his b-day and the pure joy he had. Your smile was like his on his birthday. I'm so glad you got a vacation, you deserved one. I LOVE YOU TO ??????? and ??????!!!
Joyce said…
What amazing sunset pictures you guys took. They look awesome! I am so glad that you guys had a fun and relaxing Thanksgiving!!
Jo Lynn said…
Beautiful post as always Karm! Loved reading about your many blessings and being able to look back on all your growth! How thankful I am that you have the love to surround you and lift you during hard times. YOu are one incredibly strong woman who keeps her head held high and gets up after each fall! I'm glad you have your sweet little puppy and what a breath taking Thanksgiving on the beach! How cool to have it right their on the ocean and the sunset is gorgeous! Glad you guys had such a fun time and glad you puppy did well, that's the benefit of small dogs. I love you guys and hope you have a wonderful season of giving!!

Popular posts from this blog

BIG CHANGE

Family comes to visit and An UNWANTED Vistor comes to visit!!!!!!!!!!!!

Walking What???