Diva Cup


Now this isn't going to be a VERY conventional post but I just learned about this little contraption and I love it! I thought if there were some of you out there that want to

1. save a little money ( costs about thirty dollars and will last you at least a year or more)
2. stop putting toxins inside the body ( aka tampons)
3. help the environment

Then here is something for you!

A lady in my ward is from Germany and at an Enrichment Activity we were to share something that you cant live without. SHe started the conversation as I know you American Women are PRUDE but I feel that you should hear about this and then began to tell about the Diva Cup. Both Ryan's mom and I were pretty intrigued. She wanted to get them for food/emergency storage use since it would be easier to store for emergency than boxes and boxes of napkins and tampons. I thought it would be great to stop spending so much money each month on stuff needed for that time of the month. So we bought them last week and I got to try it out today.

It is a little messier than the tampon but once you get the hang of it (it took a little time to figure out how to insert, took me a couple of times) but after that it is a breeze and really easy. I dont think I will go back to tampons. You take it out dump the stuff wash it and use it again. Then when you are done with your cycle you can sterilize it and they give you a cute pouch to hold it till next month.

So here is your FYI for the week.........sorry if you were grossed out or disturbed but I thought it was good information!

Comments

Hayley said…
very interesting and informative. I am all about saving money and space. I may have to try it.
emalina49a said…
Never in a million years did I know they made something like that. Where on earth do you get it?
D'On Marx said…
I have NEVER heard of these before. It's definitely something worth looking into.
alison huston said…
Your "diva cup" is on the table! EWWWWW! Tell me the picture was taken before you used the cup? Just kidding. (kind of) Me and my germ issues. I've already found where I can buy my cup here in Arizona. Not sure with my germ issues I'll be able to pull it off more than once, but I'm going to give it a try. Thanks for the info..
Kim Wennerlind said…
So you figured it out then huh?? You will have to show me and maybe I will try it. Glad you like it!
Dan and Sara said…
Hi Karmann, this is Sara. I don't know if you remember me, but I'm married to Dan, and we're friends with Jason & D'on. We went to dinner one night with you guys in Vegas a couple years ago or so...

Anyway, I just found your blog from D'ons and so I read a few of your posts. I had no idea that you guys were struggling with infertility. We've been married for 8 years and haven't been able to have any kids either. We've been working with LDSFS for the last 3 years to adopt, and though we've had a hand full of very close calls, nothing's happened yet. I just wanted to let you know that I know to some degree how you feel, and the heartache that comes from infertility. I don't have any friends who are trying to adopt, so I haven't found anyone who can truly relate. I can tell from your posts that you are a strong woman. Very strong. And you have a beautiful spirit. I will keep you and Ryan in my prayers, and I just know that one way or another, good things will happen for you two. I'm going to keep an eye on your blog and hope for happy news!

Sara Fishler
Dan and Sara said…
Ps. That Diva Cup is crazy! I might just have to check it out! Thanks for being willing to post something like this :)
Bryn said…
Holy canole! I'm kinda speechless because I too have NEVER heard of anything like this. I would have been intrigued if someone started a conversation out like that too! :)
Ok, so I don't know if you will remember me at all, but I am married to Ryan's friend, Vance Sandgren. We hung out a couple times when Vance and I were dating. (I found your blog from Court and Stacy's blog) Anyways, so Vance was diagnosed with Celiacs last fall. Not that I'm happy you have celiacs, but I am always looking for people to relate to, or share information with. So if you are interested in any information, I have a gluten-free blog that I started recently and it has a bunch of links on it that give some really good information. Also, once you start using that gluten-free cookbook, let me know if you like it. I just got one recently and I love it but I want to buy more. Anyways, feel free to check out our blog. www.babygrins.blogspot.com. Good luck with your new diet. I know how difficult it can all be! If you have any information that I might find useful, please let me know!! It has been 8 months and I still feel a little lost! I know Scott has Celiacs so I am going to leave a message on their blog as well. Thanks!

Kristy
Stacy said…
Very interesting! I like posts like this. Not sure if I will try it, but I like hearing about it anyway. Where would one buy it, out of curiosity? They don't sell them at the loacal grocery store I would assume???
Jo Lynn said…
Karm I just love your honesty, I heard about these awhile back and wanted to try it, but never knew where to find them!!! Awesome, thanks for sharing! How great for family preparedness cuz that would be terrible if you ran out of tampons. LOL Love ya, slowly catching up with blogs..we've been in Utah for the past week and I'm way behind. :)
Kari Earl Short said…
These days(since the hysterectomy) I don't have to worry about packing anything. There have been positive aspects to becoming a hyster-sister, although I would say on the whole I would not recommend it. I have seen these at Whole Foods and really wondered if they were actually usable, because it seems really practical to be able to re-use something. I will spread the word that it worked for you! Love you and miss you Karm.

Popular posts from this blog

BIG CHANGE

Family comes to visit and An UNWANTED Vistor comes to visit!!!!!!!!!!!!

Walking What???