Much to be THANKFUL for

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

I cant believe that it is THURSDAY again and its already been a week since the DAY of FAMILY, GOOD FOOD, and a DAY to reflect on our BLESSINGS.

Being back in Vegas this year we went to Seal Beach where we use to go when we lived in the South! Both Ryan and I were pretty excited to be there again and to be with his Aunt and Uncle.

We left late Wednesday due to Ryan's school classes and got in around 12:30 at night. It was a funny feelng not being there the night before and going to the store to get the last minute stuff with his Aunt but I came prepared esepcially since Thanksgiving Meal can be a little challenging with the issues of Gluten.



It was a great day to be outside playing on the burm so we grabbed the knee boards and had a blast going down. Ryan's cousin Ashlei has a little boy named Dash and he had a blast going up and down! We also brought out the dogs and had them play out on the sand! Later that night Ryan took it to another level and did it in a HUGE inter-tube!











We had delicious food and a WONDERFUL meal together as family! We had a TON of food!!! There were so MUCH leftovers! I dont think we eat as much as we used too!



Later that night Ryan's cousin Hannah brought out some pajamas for Haydeez to put on. He is so darn cute I can hardly stand it!!!!





The last night there we went and had dinner at Bucca Di Beppo and I enjoyed an AMAZING gluten free chicken entry! Then we went to the Seal Beach XMAS tree lighting where they brought in snow for the kids. Dash had a blast throwing snowballs and running back and forth on the snow. He just loves his Gaga!!!









Thanksgiving is a SPECIAL time where you can take time to reflect on what is truly important and what Heavenly Father has blessed you with. This Thanksgiving I was truly in tears as I thought about was has happened in the past 5 months up to the past 3 years. I was overcome as the last 6 months went through my mind.

Ryan and I took the leap of FAITH to move to Vegas and really only 3 weeks before we were set to go did we find out he was accepted. I was there 2 months with out him and right before he came I found a house to rent. The Realtor sent me a list of houses in our price range and set up a time to go see. Two hours before we were to go out the Realtor sends me a home that dropped from $1250 to $1050 and is now in my price range for rent. I look at all of the ones on the list and of course I end up wanting the one that dropped in price. I put in the application that very next morning and we are excepted that afternoon. I go back to sign papers and the Realtor of the house tells me that 10 applications came in Tuesday afternoon and that I was pretty lucky to have gotten it in! I smile and think it wasnt by luck I know we are suppose to be here. Little did I know that we WERE suppose to be there. Ryan gets here and starts school. One of his classes is a Practucum class where he has to student teach in the Special Ed department at a High School. UNLV sends him to Liberty High School that is 5 minutes from our house. He goes there every Tuesday and Wednesday for the Semester and begins to know the teachers, kids, and routine. Wednesday November 16 he texts me that one of the Special Ed teachers at Liberty relocated to another school and now there was an opening!!! The next day he goes and meets with the Vice Principal and hands her his resume. Ryan came home thinking that he might not get it but was hopeful. Friday morning he gets a call at 7 in the morning and the Vice Principal wanted to meet with him to offer him a job. It was the best wake up call we have EVER had! Due to Ryan not having his endorsement yet in Special Ed it has to be a Full time Substitute position. He plans to do this program called ARC to see if he can transfer the position to Full time Sub to a Salary position but IT IS A JOB!!! IT IS EXPERIENCE!!! It opens SO many doors come APRIL for positions or for him to be asked to take over this spot for next year. We dont know what will happen but are so THANKFUL for the job and the opportunity.

I asked Ryan after he came home being offered the job and said, Did UNLV choose Liberty High School because you lived close to it? He tells me yes. I told him, I told you it wasnt an accident I got this house!!! It was a way for him to be in that school to get this position. I know that the LORD works in so many ways. I know that he places us where we need to be to have things happen we just have to be willing to listen, follow, and be PATIENT. This Thanksgiving I am TRULY thankful for the guidance of the Spirit and for a LOVING Heavenly Father who answers prayers!

Ryan started work Monday after Thanksgiving and LOVES it! He is busy coaching basketball, school at UNLV, and teaching but he is smiling and beaming from ear to ear! That alone is something to be THANKFUL for!!!

I hope everyone had a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving and hope everyone has a WONDERFUL Holiday Season!




Comments

alison huston said…
The spirit is such a blessing. What a gift you have to decern from it and always know when an where to be. You've got a beautiful gift. I'm so happy for Ryan, great things are in store for you guys SOON! Love you.
m. said…
Ooooh love the pics ;). You're amazing. I love you. The end.

Popular posts from this blog

BIG CHANGE

Family comes to visit and An UNWANTED Vistor comes to visit!!!!!!!!!!!!

Walking What???